Saturday, April 7, 2012

Snake River Overlook


   I arrived At Snake River Overlook one morning with every intent of photographing the first rays of sunrise as they lit up the tops of the Teton Range.  In the dim moonlight, I could see that the valley below was filled with fog, partially obscuring the river as it winds its way downstream.  One of the advantages of digital imaging (as opposed to when I used to shoot 4x5 film) is there is much less expense involved in shooting "extra" frames that might be very differrent from what one initially had planned.  This image didn't appeal to me much in color, but converted to black and white I like it better.

Tech info:  Canon 40D, 18-55 IS @ 18mm.  Converted to B&W in Photoshop and contrast increased.





Same spot, much later in the same morning. Two very different looking images of a spot that I've always considered special.

No comments:

Post a Comment