Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mount Hood

                        Sunset- Mt. Hood



My very first look at Mt. Hood was the view above.  We had spent a pleasant day driving down the Oregon coast, then heading east toward the Mt. Hood area, where we had reservations to spend the night.  I was hoping that I'd be able to make it close enough to the mountain that I might be able to get some photos of it at sunset.  The view was totally obscured until the highway passed around the foothills to the left of this view, and then, suddenly, there it was in front of us.  Luckily, there was a small pull-off along the road.  I hurriedly set up my tripod, put a 150mm lens on my medium format camera, and was able to grab this photo before the light changed.


Tech info:  Mamiya 645, 150mm, Fujichrome Velvia, polarizer, warming filter, film scan
   

           Stream with Flowers

The following morning, I spent a pleasant couple of hours exploring the area surrounding Mt. Hood, including this small stream.

           Mt. Hood and Mountain Stream

Sometimes on a trip, there are places that you just don't want to leave.  I've only had a very few hours to spend around Mt. Hood so far, but it's definitely on my list of spots that I'd like to return to some day, for a longer visit.

Tech info:  Mamiya 645, 80mm lens, Fujichrome Velvia, film scan

I hope that my friends viewing this will also have the pleasure of visiting this wonderful area some day.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment