Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Wildflowers of the San Juan Mountains (Part 2- Imogene Pass)

 Wildflowers below Imogene Pass

   I had reserved a spot on a tour to Governor Basin, but no one else signed up for this tour, and Brandi at Switzerland of America 4x4 tours in Ouray recommended that I try their tour to Imogene Pass instead.  Since I'd been well satisfied with the previous tour I did with them, I agreed.  Despite the fact that Imogene Pass has seldom been mentioned among the list of best spots for wildflowers in the area, this turned out to be one of the better spots that I saw on my trip.  The driver and guide, Michael, took us on a small side trail just off of the main trail to Imogene Pass that had some nice flower displays, as pictured above.


 Indian Paintbrush below Imogene Pass


Larkspur below Imogene Pass

Group of Paintbrush

Paintbrush and Columbine- below Imogene Pass

Bluebells and other (unidentified) wildflowers below Imogene Pass

Wildflowers below Imogene Pass


   Thanks again to Brandi, Michael (tour guide) and the rest of the fine folks at Switzerland of America in Ouray for a great tour!  I'd highly recommend them- and they are nice folks too!


Stay tuned for my next post, which will cover my (long) hike to Ice Lake Basin.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I really like the brilliance in Indian Paintbrush below Imogene Pass. Pretty in Pink! :)

    ReplyDelete